I am the blessed mother of two very special people. I am also the daughter of a very special mother. Yesterday I got to spend time with all three of them and throw the new eating lifestyle out the window and celebrate being a mom with my mom. What a blessing that is. When I think back to all the time I wasted not appreciating all I have the regret seems overwhelming. However, God is teaching me to stay joyful and not let the imps get to me. The past cannot be undone but the future is full of promise. I am so blessed that my mother is still with me and able to see not only her grandchildren grow, but her daughter change and grow as well. It would also appear that Mother's Day and special occasions always come along with a penalty. Every time we head out for a special meal we have car trouble. Last time we attempted to go eat out at a Japanese Restaurant, the engine block went on the car and we had to turn around and drive straight back home. This event, another attempt at a Japanese restaurant, I might add, and 3 miles from the place, the car gets a flat tire!!! I had been happily driving to Wasabi's eagerly anticipating my "cheat" day meal of Tempura and Lobster Crunch Wasabi Mayonnaise Sushi and fondly remembering the debacle of the car breaking down... when WHAM flat tire. It was a jumpstart into reality where God not so gently reminded me of not looking back, but forward! Memories are not bad. In fact I think it is awesome to have good memories, but when I constantly look back and remember hard times or negative things... that is the problem. Just like Lot's wife being warned not to look back with longing on the past life and she became a pillar of salt. God really doesn't want us looking back and longing for what was. I believe every day we should be striving for what could be not what was or, often times in my case what wasn't. The shoulda, coulda, woulda's are simply things that should not be in our hearts or minds.
Happily, this trip to the restaurant was saved by my ex husband who did come to the side of the road; got all dirty to spare my fine pretty top; got the donut put on and sent us on our merry way to the restaurant. We all had amazing food and the event didn't dampen our spirits at all. We laughed and enjoyed the moment, maybe even a little bit more because there was that minute of inconvenience. The older I get the more I appreciate those moments of inconvenience because it means God is still trying to teach me things. I have a chance to be better, to learn and to grow and show my children what it is to go through things with a good attitude. Now don't get me wrong... I mess that up a lot. However, this Mother's Day I managed to pull through without a temper tantrum or feeling like the world was coming to an end. Many thanks to my ex for being a good sport and helping us out. Delicious food didn't hurt either. I hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day!
![]() |
| Wasabi's Japanese Restaurant YUMMY Spicy Sushi |


No comments:
Post a Comment